Bachelor of Science in Nursing
This program is part of the College of Health Science & Professions.
ALL of the following requirements must be satisfied and in the Nursing Office before 5:00 p.m. February 15th of the year in which you want your file to be reviewed (considered) by the selection committee. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that his/her file is complete.
1. Complete an application to Ohio University with Pre-BSN (ND1220) listed as your major, along with the $20 nonrefundable application fee (or complete a change of major to Pre-BSN ND1220 if already an OU student in a different program).
2. Complete a Nursing application (available here) or from the Nursing office.
3. Submit official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from all previous schools attended, including College, Vocational/Technical Programs, and High School/GED. Student must be a graduate of high school or hold certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
4. COMPASS Placement test is required for all new students. Please contact your campus student services office to schedule an appointment. You must place into a Tier I Math and English or complete the required developmental courses PRIOR to the deadline. Transfer students: Are not required to complete the COMPASS placement exam if you are transferring in credits for Math and English. You must have at least a 2.75 college grade-point average on a 4-point scale for review
5. Submit to the nursing office a statement of educational and career goals essay (typed; no more than 1 page). This is your opportunity to tell the selection committee why you should be chosen for the nursing program.
6. An established minimum college grade point average of 2.75 (or a high school gpa of 3.0 on a 4 point scale for students wishing to enter the program straight from high school).
6. The applicant must have completed courses in algebra, biology & chemistry at the high school or college level with a minimum grade of C in each course before the deadline.
7. HESI A2 Nursing Admissions & Critical Thinking Exams: Students must have an overall score of 75% on the A2, and a 75% in each of the following areas: math, reading, vocabulary, and grammar. A score of 750 is required on the critical thinking section of the exam. Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/Satellite/StudentHome?Audience=Student (click on Admission Assessment (A2) Testing at Prometric Center, Get Registration Information). Please be sure to register for the proper exam: Admission Assessment with Critical Thinking. Preparation booklets are available to be purchased in the bookstore. For a step by step guide to register for this exam please (select this link). Applicants will be required to have a completed FBI and BCI fingerprint report (criminal background check) on file with the Nursing office in order to start the program. This will be completed after you have been selected for the program.
Students are responsible for submitting all required information by the deadline and incomplete files will not be reviewed during selections.
BSN DEGREE NURSING CURRICULUM
We encourage you to begin taking support courses at Ohio University as soon as possible. All courses taken in the nursing curriculum must be completed with a grade of C ™ or above in order to have your file reviewed for selections and to remain in the program once selected. Support courses must be taken before or during the semester in which they fall in the curriculum map shown below. Prior to February 15th, you must have completed all support courses listed on the curriculum in Semester 1 with a C or better.
Tuition costs are subject to change without notice at the discretion of Ohio University. Please refer to a schedule of classes for further tuition information or to the Ohio University Chillicothe website located at www.chillicothe.ohiou.edu.
· Tuition - click here for details.
· Books and supplies: Books are purchased for each semester, with you first semester being the largest expense of approximately $900.00.
· Criminal background checks (BCI&I and FBI) - $60.00 to start the program and $60.00 prior to graduation for the Ohio Board of Nursing.
· Course Fees: Approximately $400.00 per Semester
- Lab Kit: approximately $50.00
· Uniforms: Average- $150 (one time cost).
· Course Fees (Lab Fees and Achievement Tests) - $180 per clinical course.
· Liability Insurance - $36 per year.
· Graduation - The final year of the program, expenses for graduation, licensure, NCLEX-RN exam, pinning, etc. will occur. You will need to plan ahead for these expenses. Expenses at this time can reach around $600
BSN CURRICULUM See Quick Guide
Traditional Baccalaureate Program Semester Plan
*Students who do not need college algebra may take NRSE 1110 in fall or spring semester.
101 University Drive
Chillicothe , Ohio 45601